"In 2014 we made a substantial investment by installing Auto-Out’s in apartment units in the DFW area. Over the last few years we experienced several kitchen fires in our properties and hoped that your product would help prevent future losses. In March there was a kitchen fire at one of our Dallas properties. The Auto-Out extinguished the flame immediately and prevented what could have been a major loss. The total damage was less than $1000! Our investment paid off handsomely.”
- John Gillespie, President of WAK Management Company
“We had five large apartment fires between 2013 and 2014 that totaled over $2 million dollars. We had no fire related insurance claims in 2015 [after installing Auto-Out].”
- Garry Gee, President of Property Asset Management
“I am writing to say how fortunate we are to be an Auto-Out® customer. We just recently purchased Auto-Out automatic cooktop fire suppressors for all our apartment complexes. A week after we installed the units, one of the Auto-Out canisters extinguished a cooktop fire that could have cost us tens of thousands of dollars in damage not to mention possible injury or loss of life. Auto-Out has proven to be a sound investment in protecting our residents and our real estate investment.”
- Mike Kucera, President of American Preservation Builders
“Over the years I cannot count how many fires they have put out or minimized and gave the residents time to get out. You have a great product."
- Dave Craft, Director of Maintenance for TM Associates Management, Inc.
“Last month I had a call to my office that unit #2 just had a grease fire, but that the Auto-Out worked in putting it out quickly. The daughter was frying some potatoes for her mother and she got on the phone with the pharmacy and got distracted. When she realized the grease was on fire she saw the Auto-Out release and put the fire out quick. She then called the office and was very thankful we had those cans above the stove. Resident is 85 and was very glad that we had that fire prevention in place.”
- Denise, Property Manager
“The morning of January 14, 2015, a resident left a pot on the stove cooking. The resident stated she was upstairs sleeping and hear a loud pop. It was the pop of the Auto-Out. The Auto-Out prevented the fire from spreading with only minor damages to the stove.”
- Marshet Williams, Manager at Shadowbrook Townhomes
“I just wanted you to know that the Auto-Out we installed did an awesome job in preventing a fire.”
- Community Manager, Trinity Manor
“We have had 11 saves by Auto-Out in the last two years."
- CEO, Multifamily Management Company with over 40,000 units
“Our maintenance staff found it easy to install the Auto-Out Fire Suppressors…the experience was positive and the shipping was quick.”
- J. Lopez, Shadow Hill Apartments
“I have been writing insurance and providing loss control services for apartments for over 40 years. In addition my wife and I have built, owned and managed hundreds of apartment units since 1975. We still own and managed numerous rentals today.
At present I underwrite an apartment program for Lloyds of London. I also provide loss control services which include training management in proven loss control techniques. Over the last 40 years I believe I’ve seen just about every kind of apartment claim possible.
I have reviewed thousands of property claims and found that 90% of all incidents are tenant related. The largest single cause of fires in apartments is unattended cooking, about 40%. In my opinion, the single most effective thing an owner can do to stop fires is install fire suppressive stove top canisters. Most underwriters understand the effectiveness of the canisters and afford premium discounts and/or smaller deductibles for their installation. I have given this advice to hundreds of owners and have Auto‐Out canisters in my home and all my rentals.”
- Larry K. Davis, Program Administrator, Apartment Risk Management Services
"We had an ‘almost’ fire! The Auto-Out Microwave put it right out! Very thankful."
P. Obermesik, Risk Management Associate, Mt. Pleasant, MI
“What a great idea especially for an elderly parent. Purchased and installed at my home and my mothers. Have seen the demo of the product in person and it made a believer out of me. My friends have asked to purchase for their parents after seeing mine. Easy to install, just hangs above cook top out of sight. Very cost-effective insurance!”
- B. D., Homeowner
“Received fast! I like the idea of this low-tech idea to put out flames igniting from a possible stovetop cooking accident! Mom’s doing fine and making her own meals … but, it surely doesn’t hurt to have these installed! Thanks for the excellent service and hopefully these never, ever have to save-the-day!!”
- E.M. Hammond, Purchased on Amazon.com
“This product is a must have, and offers peace of mind at a very reasonable price. Whether you live in a house or an apartment, it could literally save your life! Installation is extremely easy. Most cities require houses be equipped with smoke detectors, and honestly, I believe Auto-Out® is at least as essential, if not more so.”
- C.S. Harris, Homeowner
“Overland Park firefighters raced to the scene of a reported fire in an apartment complex only to find their work had already been done — automatically. The stovetop fire at The Lodge of Overland Park apartments was snuffed out by a simple device attached inside the range hood… ‘The Fire Department did not put one drop of water on the stove,’ said Leslie Scott, property manager at the complex. ‘It was fully extinguished.’ That was a relief not only to the management but to the occupants of the apartment at 106th and Foster streets on Sunday evening. The Fire Department saw it as an educational opportunity. ‘Overland Park Fire has been pushing awareness of these devices for several years, even securing a grant to provide them for high-risk residents,’ the department said in a statement. ‘This is the first episode we’ve seen where someone has installed them on their own and had a successful deployment.’
In Sunday’s case, the range hood was ruined and the cabinets and walls were blackened. But that was scant damage compared to what could have happened if the fire had spread beyond the stove and into adjacent apartments. Apartment complex manager Resource Residential placed two suppressors, which cost about $17 each, over the stove in each of the 548 units. The company considers that a good investment. Scott said an average apartment fire used to cause about $100,000 in damage, but with range hood fire suppressors, that figure is about $2,500. ‘One life lost — there’s no way to put a dollar amount on that’ she said. ‘In multifamily housing, one person with a lapse in judgment can be devastating.’
Lt. Andrew Grove, who was among the first firefighters responding to Sunday’s incident, said cooking fires are the most common calls his department gets. He said range hood fire suppressors are safety tools like smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. ‘This is something that’s going to stop a fire,’ Grove said.
- Overland Park Fire Department praises stovetop fire extinguishers – As reported by the Kansas City Star
“The Auto-Out® work[ed] great, it went off, the powder came out and the fire was gone. Thank you so much for letting us demo your product at the rescue squad’s open house. Like I stated before, this will be very useful in our area.”
- Randy Kellum, Training Officer of the Kilmarnock, VA Volunteer Fire Department
Automatic system restricts apartment fire to stove
Nov 23, 2016
“FAIRBANKS — An automatic fire suppression system contained a Fairbanks apartment fire to a stovetop Monday evening, according to the Fairbanks Fire Department. Firefighters responded to an automatic fire alarm call triggered by a grease fire at 7:18 p.m. Monday at a Sophie Plaza Apartments on University Avenue, Deputy Fire Marshal Kyle Green said.
The kitchen had a fire stop can over the stove top, which is designed to discharge fire extinguisher powder automatically when a fuse on the can reaches a certain temperature. When firefighters arrived, the fire had been extinguished by the can of powder. Fire damage was limited to the stovetop. “We had to ventilate some smoke but it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary,” Green said.
Copyright Warren Watts Fire Technology. All rights reserved. To contact us: Call 817-924-1370 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org